Why aren't you in perfect health?
Because the foods, medicines, advice and personal care that we buy are not what they appear to be.
You try to care for your body and your loved ones, you make an effort to buy healthy foods, you are intrigued by new announcements from pharmaceutical companies and scientific researchers, yet you are still tired and fuzzy and have several ailments. Why?
Most adults in rich Western countries are not slim and healthy. Even though most of us can afford to buy a trolley of food in the supermarket, the medicines we are led to believe we need, a gym membership and an appointment with a doctor, we are fatter and sicker than our grandparents. Why?
The answer is that the foods, medicines, services and health products that we buy are not what they appear to be.
The quest for profit by big business means the control of government regulators, control and manipulation of scientific research publications, grossly unfair and one-sided laws, control and spin of the media, bribery and threats ("lobbying"), and outright corruption are now the everyday way of doing business for big food, big pharma, big supplements, big health care and big personal care.
Small and family businesses are more likely to produce traditional foods and products that have integrity. However, the laws are so heavily stacked in favour of the big players that everyone else cannot compete and often cannot survive.
Genuinely healthy foods and medicines are deliberately discredited or even outlawed. Cheap or low cost (or no cost) ways of caring for you and your loved ones are lost or forgotten. People are taught and brainwashed to assume that good health is expensive. Big business does everything it can to hide the traditional, natural, cheap and really effective ways of caring for your body.
Thirteen golden rules for profitable processed foods (black humour, but completely truthful).
1. Addictive. If you can make your foods addictive you will lock in profits, year after year. Your customers will also eat more. Sugar is the cheapest and most addictive ingredient, especially fructose or high fructose corn syrup. Other hard-to-give-up ingredients commonly used include highly-refined salt, caffeine, caseinates and casomorphins. Your goal is not to satisfy, but rather to induce repeated purchases.
2. Long shelf life. Ideally your food is tough and inert, so it won't be damaged in rough transport, and will last in harsh conditions for years. Avoid soft, delicate perishables which cut deeply into your profits because they need gentle handling, cooling, care and attention.
Five golden rules for profitable pharmaceutical drugs (more truthful black humour).
1. Do NOT cure the ailment! A cured patient is a lost profit stream.
2. Rapidly relieve the symptoms of an ailment immediately after taking a pill. Relief continues for only a limited time until the next dose is due.
3. Lock in the customer. Keep the patient as a customer for the remainder of his or her life. The best drugs are difficult to discontinue.
4. Have monopoly pricing. This is achieved with a secure patent, being available only under pharma company and doctor control,
Graduation address to new medical doctors.
Every new doctor needs to read this, and more importantly, every person thinking of going into medicine.
Congratulations to all of you as new doctors of medicine. It has been a long and hard journey, much longer than nearly every other degree you could have chosen. Even after your graduation today, you still have a year or two of internship, and perhaps years of specialisation if you so choose.
You were among the brightest, most intelligent school leavers. Those of you who started medicine as mature-age students passed all the tests,
Most supplements are not helpful, may even be harmful.
If you are:
- healthy, and have an effective digestive system
- live in an area that has rich soils with a good variety of trace elements
- live in a pristine area (not subject to high levels of pollution)
- enjoy a diet exclusively of local, ripe and organic foods
- eat a variety of nutrient-dense foods
Why I don't use sunscreens.
I personally do not use sunscreens, for several reasons. Remember, your body can absorb substances from your skin. Want to test that? Crush a clove of garlic and rub it on the soles of your feet. Put some socks on and leave it there for an hour. Then ask someone to smell your breath or under your arms. Garlic!
I do not trust the chemicals sunscreens contain, so choose not to put them on my skin.
I also have a saying that you should be willing to eat anything you rub onto your skin. Would you be willing to put your sunscreen in your mouth?
Tips for extraordinary health and long life.
Beware of advice when those giving that advice are making money out of it.
Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
Alkaline water - good or bad?
Attitude and traits for a long life
Bacteria, red meat, and heart disease
A list of remedies that the big players would prefer to hide and discredit.
Antioxidants - food sources
Apple cider vinegar
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
Blood thinners (natural)
In Grow Youthful I detail many other remedies that are miraculously successful, but which few people know about.
Natural Home Remedies that Really Work
- Health at any age using low-cost natural cures.
- Natural home remedies are cheap, easily available and cannot be patented.
- These traditional remedies and cures are highly effective, have been used for centuries and have no side-effects. They are quite safe when used properly. They will save you time, money, and the awful side-effects of over-the-counter medicines and prescription pharmaceutical drugs.
Healthy, fully functional longevity for everyone
- Ailments & Remedies. Traditional, natural, effective home remedies that REALLY work! See participants comments and votes on which natural cures work best.
- Take my biological age test. Your biological age is is the age that most normal people would be when they have a body and mind similar to yours. Another test estimates how fast you are aging, given your current habits.
- Take the ayurvedic body type test. You'll get an uncannily accurate assessment of your problem areas, and a detailed list of recommendations of the foods, climate, work-style, relationships, exercise level, lifestyle and much more, that will suit you.
- Grow Youthful: How to Slow Your Aging and Enjoy Extraordinary Health will show you everything you can do today, at this stage in the evolution of anti-aging research, to slow or even reverse your aging. Learn how you can improve all your facilities - both physical and mental - and grow more youthful as you age.
- Grow Youthful Recipe Book uses all the important principles for great health and longevity. Simple recipes to keep you slim and youthful.
- Subscribe to free newsletter. Keep up to date with the latest research in aging, food and healthy remedies for life extension.
How to slow your aging
Research shows that it is possible to live well beyond 100 years. Importantly, your later years need not be feeble years of senility. I'll show you how to lower your biological age by 5, 10 or even 20 years
(random selection each time you view)
"For the first seven months of this year, I was designing a TV series, which we shot in various West Australian locations, Singapore
and Vancouver. For most of the W.A. work, we were based in Perth and it was there that I came across your book. Grow Youthful has
accompanied me on my further travels, back to Vancouver and LA, and has always been referred to as it sits on my bedside table with
a few other books of similar importance to me. The instruction and insights you provide have both reassured and enlightened
me as to the path I am taking each day forward, in other words, what you have written and researched has proven invaluable to me
and I am certain it will fuel a constant and greater learning. When I am back in Perth (I will have to return as I was housed on
Cottesloe Beach and that has definitely become a great location for my heart), I will make a point to say hello"
Tink, writer, director, production designer at tinkworld
"Dear David, I am an Australian-trained doctor currently living in China where I've been based for three years.
Since moving here I've definitely felt the aging process creep up on me, Shanghai is the most stressful place health-wise I've ever
lived! The air is heavily-polluted most days, all water is bottled/filtered, it's very hard to feel confident about how one's food
is produced (even that labeled 'organic' is not reliable) and we have a food scandal nearly every week related to
growing/production/distribution of food (chicken, pork and fish are all off the menu for me due to the very questionable use in
China of massive amounts of steroids/hormones - and you may have heard of the milk scandal where several children died).
So living healthily is a challenge and after my very healthy life in Australia I was really feeling it. After a bit of
net-searching however I found your site, and as I was brought up to be open-minded about health I ordered your book.
Well, what a great book, full of great, practical, sensible advice,
possibly the best thing I've read in years - or ever - on something that occupies all our thoughts as we get older. I've only quickly
skimmed the book but love what I see, especially on the mind/body connect (why don't we doctors appreciate this more??) and
can't wait to read it more thoroughly. So thank you David, your research abilities, intellectual rigor and passion really show
and I'm just so pleased we can all benefit from that! Warm regards,"
Dr - - (Australian-trained doctor living in Shanghai, China
"A thoroughly researched book that addresses many significant health issues, dispelling some favorite myths on its way! Free of hyperbole
and refreshingly sane, "Grow Youthful" sends us an inspiring message about health, the power of the mind, and aging"
Maneesha James (writer and meditation facilitator), Perth, Western Australia
"Thank you so very much for taking the time to learn about healthy living and then explain it so clearly to others who are in need. With your help I have stopped eight years of Protonix. Though it was difficult, I could not have done it without the information I learned from your site. I have much to learn, but it has been very enjoyable journey and is already paid healthy dividends. Once again, thank you so very much,"
James Lani, Anaheim Hills, California.
Today's Quote (updated daily)
A wrinkled, sagging skin is not an inevitable part of aging. Factors such as diet, hydration and exercise will help you develop a youthful, healthy, taut yet supple, fast-healing skin. Avoiding strong and excessive sunlight is one of the most important factors.
I want to make the world a happier place by exposing what is happening to our health.
David Niven Miller