Perfect health - why not?
Because we buy crooked medicines, foods, advice and care.
You try to care for your body and your loved ones, you make an effort to buy healthy foods, you are intrigued by new announcements from pharmaceutical companies and scientific researchers, yet you are still tired and fuzzy and have several ailments. Why?
Most adults are not slim and strong and healthy. Even though most of us can afford to buy a trolley of food in the supermarket, popular medicines, a gym membership and an appointment with a doctor, we are fatter and sicker than ever. Why?
Because regulatory agencies are "captured" by the industries they are supposed to be regulating. The big corporates and big tech have wholesale captured every structure on which we depend.
Owning government regulators, manipulating scientific research publications, lobbying for grossly unfair and one-sided laws, control and spin of all the media, bribery and threats ("lobbying"), and outright corruption is now the everyday way of doing business for big food, big pharma, big supplements, big health care and big personal care.
Small and family businesses are more likely to produce traditional foods and products that have integrity. However, the laws are so heavily stacked in favour of the big players that everyone else cannot compete and often cannot survive.
Genuinely healthy foods and medicines are deliberately discredited or even outlawed. Low cost (or no cost) ways of caring for yourself and your loved ones are lost or forgotten. People are taught and brainwashed to assume that good health is expensive. Big business does everything it can to hide traditional, safe, cheap and really effective ways of caring for your body.
Thirteen golden rules for profitable processed foods (black humour, but completely truthful).
1. Addictive. If you can make your foods addictive you will lock in profits, year after year. Your customers will also eat more. Sugar is the cheapest and most addictive ingredient, especially fructose or high fructose corn syrup. Other hard-to-give-up ingredients commonly used include highly-refined salt, caffeine, caseinates and casomorphins. Your goal is not to satisfy, but rather to induce repeated purchases.
2. Long shelf life. Ideally your food is tough and inert, so it won't be damaged in rough transport, and will last in harsh conditions for years. Avoid soft, delicate perishables which cut deeply into your profits because they need gentle handling, cooling, care and attention.
Golden rules for profitable pharmaceutical drugs (more truthful black humour).
1. Do NOT cure the ailment! A cured patient is a lost profit stream.
2. Rapidly relieve the symptoms of an ailment immediately after taking a pill. Relief continues for only a limited time until the next dose is due.
3. Lock in the customer. Keep the patient as a customer for the remainder of his or her life. The best drugs are difficult to discontinue.
4. Have monopoly pricing. This is achieved with a secure patent, being available only under pharma company and doctor control,
Graduation address to new medical doctors.
Every new doctor needs to read this, and more importantly, every person thinking of going into medicine.
Congratulations to all of you as new doctors of medicine. It has been a long and hard journey, much longer than nearly every other degree you could have chosen. Even after your graduation today, you still have a year or two of internship, and perhaps years of specialisation if you so choose.
You were among the brightest, most intelligent school leavers. Those of you who started medicine as mature-age students passed all the tests,
Most supplements are not helpful, may even be harmful.
If you are:
- healthy, and have an effective digestive system
- live in a place that has rich soils with a good variety of trace elements
- live in a pristine area (not subject to high levels of pollution)
- enjoy a diet exclusively of local and organic foods
- eat a variety of nutrient-dense foods
Why I don't use sunscreens.
I personally do not use sunscreens, for several reasons. Remember, your body can absorb substances from your skin. Want to test that? Crush a clove of garlic and rub it on the soles of your feet. Put some socks on and leave it there for an hour. Then ask someone to smell your breath or under your arms. Garlic!
I do not trust the chemicals sunscreens contain, so choose not to put them on my skin.
I also have a saying that you should be willing to eat anything you rub onto your skin. Would you be willing to put your sunscreen in your mouth?
Tips for extraordinary health and long life.
Beware of advice when those giving that advice are making money out of it.
5G cell / mobile phone EMF radiation
Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
Alkaline water - good or bad?
Attitude and traits for a long life
Bacteria, red meat, and heart disease
A list of remedies that the big players would prefer to hide and discredit.
Apple cider vinegar
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
Blood thinners (natural)
In Grow Youthful I detail many other remedies that are miraculously successful, but which few people know about.
Health at any age
- Ailments & Remedies. Traditional, safe, effective home remedies that REALLY work! See participants comments and votes on which work best.
- Take the biological age test. Your biological age is is the age that most normal people would be when they have a body and mind similar to yours. Another test estimates how fast you are aging, given your current habits.
- Take the ayurvedic body type test. You'll get an uncannily accurate assessment of your problem areas, and a detailed list of recommendations of the foods, climate, work-style, relationships, exercise level, lifestyle and much more, that will suit you.
- Grow Youthful: How to Slow Your Aging and Enjoy Extraordinary Health will show you everything you can do today, at this stage in the evolution of anti-aging research, to slow or even reverse your aging. Learn how you can improve all your facilities - both physical and mental - and grow more youthful as you age.
- Grow Youthful Recipe Book uses all the important principles for great health and longevity. Simple recipes to keep you slim and youthful.
- Subscribe to free newsletter. Keep up to date with the latest research in aging, food and healthy remedies for life extension.
How to Slow Your Aging and Enjoy Extraordinary Health
Research shows that it is possible to live well beyond 100 years. Importantly, your later years need not be feeble years of senility.
My goal is longevity with full functionality. I'll show you how to lower your biological age by 10 or 20 years.
(random selection each time you view)
"Thanks for your great recipe book. I've been learning heaps, underlining things, getting rid of things from my cupboard and buying new items. The other day, I went to Abhi's and bought some sour dough bread and it tastes great. I found the drinks and salad sections of your book really interesting, especially the historical information about kombucha. So, I've brought out my juicer, started drinking warm water with lemon in the morning and starting to feel the difference"
Nicola O'Loughlin, Perth, Western Australia
"I loved your (first) book and will be buying the latest updated copy asap. It really is a wealth of information and so well researched. Anyone who reads this book will change their life, once you've read the words they stay with you, you can't "un-ring the bell". It is such an informative, interesting read and it really does wake you up to "healthy" eating and living. It's an awakening to how we contribute to and create our own "ageing" in every sense of the word. To those people who say "i don't want to live forever, i'm here for a good time,not a long time" i would say this book is not just about the incredible, vibrant longevity that is your birthright, it's about the quality of life you will create, the energy and vitality to make your dreams come true, be the person you really are deep down inside and live the life you've always dreamed of, now that's worth looking into no matter how long you plan on being around-which, as nature intended, is a very long time indeed!- Thank you David for all the effort and passion you put into Grow Youthful"
Tina Bianchi (Melbourne, Australia)
"Thank you for your fantastic book, It is a life changer!!!! I am a nutrition student and I currently work as a Personal Trainer and what you have said in this book has changed my perceptions on many things. My partner is a naturopath and has been telling me this stuff for the last two years with me not taking too much notice. But after reading Grow Youthful I have realised that its time to change or start looking forward to a shorter life. All of what you say is extremely practical and wise. I thank you for your courage to write such a book and I hope that there are many more people like yourself in Australia"
Andrew Wynhoven, Osborne Park, Perth, Australia
"Dear David, I am an Australian-trained doctor currently living in China where I've been based for three years. Since moving here I've definitely felt the aging process creep up on me, Shanghai is the most stressful place health-wise I've ever lived! The air is heavily-polluted most days, all water is bottled/filtered, it's very hard to feel confident about how one's food is produced (even that labeled 'organic' is not reliable) and we have a food scandal nearly every week related to growing/production/distribution of food (chicken, pork and fish are all off the menu for me due to the very questionable use in China of massive amounts of steroids/hormones - and you may have heard of the milk scandal where several children died). So living healthily is a challenge and after my very healthy life in Australia I was really feeling it. After a bit of net-searching however I found your site, and as I was brought up to be open-minded about health I ordered your book. Well, what a great book, full of great, practical, sensible advice, possibly the best thing I've read in years - or ever - on something that occupies all our thoughts as we get older. I've only quickly skimmed the book but love what I see, especially on the mind/body connect (why don't we doctors appreciate this more??) and can't wait to read it more thoroughly. So thank you David, your research abilities, intellectual rigor and passion really show and I'm just so pleased we can all benefit from that! Warm regards,"
Dr - - (Australian-trained doctor living in Shanghai, China
Today's Quote (updated daily)
Chewing your food slowly particularly applies to carbohydrates such as bread, rice, potatoes, grains, pasta, cakes and other starches. Your saliva contains the alkaline enzyme ptyalin, which starts digesting starchy carbohydrates while they are still in your mouth. If you eat these foods without chewing them until they are virtually a liquid, you may suffer from poor digestion and flatulence.
I want to make the world a happier place by exposing what is happening to our health.